COURSE SYLLABUS – 2014/2015
Course: ST95 Social Skills
Phone Number: 898 - 3542
Instructors: Ms. Duren firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. Leadabrand email@example.com
- Students will learn disability awareness and self-management skills.
- Students will learn self-advocacy skills.
- Students will learn how to set and meet personal goals.
- Students will learn skills to better manage emotions.
- Students will learn accepted social, behavioral, and academic skills.
6. Students will learn of emotional intelligence.
- Participate in discussions and role-plays.
- Contribute to the progress of the group.
- Arrive to class prepared to work.
- Demonstrate respectful behaviors toward all, in all environments.
- To try.
Students will be graded in three categories and following a rubrics scale:
ASC strategies (active listening, B day prepared, application outside class)
Behavior strategies (on time to class, attitude, respectful),
Class activities (participate, work with others, on task).
Grades will be reflected as percentages and follow the RHS grading system:
A – Superior 92 – 100%
B – Above Average 84 – 91%
C – Average 76 – 83%
D – Below Average 67 – 75%
F – Fail 66% and below